It Doesn't Have to be Grander Than That



I have been enjoying the challenge of the teapot lately. So much to consider. The balance of all the parts, the function of the pour and strainer, the artistic intent.  Quite overwhelming at times.  So much that sometimes in frustration I could hear that old voice questioning "Why am I doing this"?  
So many hours of work and labor, for what? Shouldn't I be doing something bigger for the world? Activism for change?
As the fates sometimes align, I was allowed to hear Tip Toland, Richard Notkin, and Patti Warashina speak through a virtual event hosted by Pottery Northwest. 
So much of their discussion reminded me of why I am an artist. Making art, I am happy.
Being me, my authentic self is enough. It doesn't have to be grander than that.  
I feel so much gratitude for that hour and a half.  
Listening into these amazing artists stories, gave validation to my own.






 

Comments